My “To Be Read” Stack
Do you have one? A place where you gather all the new books you are getting ready to read? I do. I’m not a happy camper when it gets low on books, either. I feel RICH when I have a basket or shelf (or both) piled high with new books. Treasures waiting to take me to new worlds and introduce me to new friends. Currently, I have a new series to start, and the latest books in several older ones that I’ve been eager to read. Plus, I have more on the way from amazon, and a Kindle with lots and lots in my “Unread” folder. Life is good. Here’s a sample, in no particular order, of what I will be reading–and reviewing–in the weeks ahead:
1. Death’s Rival by Faith Hunter – The newest Jane Yellowrock novel.
2. Mortal Ties by Eileen Wilks – The latest from The World of the Lupi.
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – A book I have read great things about.
4. A Kiss Before the Apocalypse by Thomas E. Sniegoski – The first in the Remy Chandler series.
5. Biting Cold by Chloe Neill – The Chicagoland Vampires are back!
And on the way via snail mail:
1. Cold Days by Jim Butcher – The LONG awaited next book from The Dresden Files.
2. Steel’s Edge by Ilona Andrews – The latest Andrews book in the From The Edge series.
Of course, it goes without saying if you’ve visited here very often, that when Cold Days arrives, everything else will be shelved while I devour it. I MUST find out what happens to Harry next, after the trauma of the last two books. I’ve refused to read any of the advance reviews, but I have seen a lot of 5-stars popping up here and there, so I can’t wait for that one.
Hope you get some good ideas for new reads from this list. I have LOADS more waiting for me in the basket, but these are the ones I’m most eager to get started on.
What’s in YOUR basket?
If you decide to place an order with amazon, clicking through from my links will give me credit. If you are enjoying my reviews on Bookin’ It, it’s a great way to let me know! Thanks!